Ladies Who Dine is a (not so) secret (anymore) restaurant club launched in February 2011 by seven “Ladies” who love to eat. Each month, members rotate in selecting a location for dinner and drinks. Our aim is to step out of our food comfort zones, sample the wealth of Southern California cuisine available to us, and make each other laugh until we pee. I’d have to say, we do a pretty good job with each of these goals every month. In 2013, we upped our membership to nine since, typically, not all members are able to make it on our regular night. In 2015, we expanded our bellies once again (or at least the number of bellies in our group) with LWD 2.0 (find our bylaws here and our outings here).
- Diane B. – Lady President of the Ladies Who Dine (POTLWD)
- Sandy W. – Lady Thick Leg
- Veronica M. – Lady Burps-A-Lot
- Gabriela H. – Lady Peru
- Belinda P. – Sheltered Lady
- Ivonne A. – Lady Wilkutabitch
- Jen G. – Lady YOLO
- William L. – Lady Bug
- Emily H. – Lady Lady
- Julio G. – Lady(ies) (and Men) Love Cool Julio (aka LML Cool J)
- Mario G. – Lady Kitten
- Kristina R. – Lady Fungus
- Cindy. T – Lady Mujer
- Shawna S. – The Honorable & Esteemed Council Lady (aka THE Council Lady)
Rules, Regulations and Protocols
- A LWD Collection Box will be available at ALL outings. Drop in any dollar (or coin) amount you’d like (e.g. the cost of your meal or a drink; or your couple dollars of change remaining after paying the bill) in the can. Our official charity for 2017 is No Kid Hungry.
- Guests must be invited! Cute and/or well-behaved babies under age 3 are welcome. Hate this rule? Invite your guest to May’s Dinner for Schmucks.
- New members will be considered only during the secret consideration month.
- Sponsors should select their restaurant at least 1-2 weeks in advance so that we can make reservations.
- Attendance will be taken – however, no penalty will be given for missing an outing.
- Fines will be issued for last minute (day of) cancelations after an RSVP has been confirmed.
- Please be willing to be a driver – the Otto Mo Bil award will be given to the year’s best driver during December’s End-of-Year Eatabration.
- Please refrain from any fork, spoon, or knife action until Lady POTLWD takes a photo of your dish.
- Use #LWDLBC if you tag.
- Relationships between members are 100% and completely prohibited!! We will grandfather in existing relationships (e.g wife-wife, mother-son, mother-daughter) under LWD 1.0 rules.
- Pick venues that are no more than 20 miles from the Health Department; consider traffic when picking your restaurant.
- Please bring your LWD badge (issued at or after June’s outing) to each outing; fines issued for not bringing badge; glass-of-wine fee for lost/stolen badge (payable to Lady POTLWD).
- Bring cash. Come with a sharing heart. Uber if you can’t get yourself home safely (or ask another LWDer for a ride).
Lady Thick Leg
Just the Facts: No meal is complete without a cocktail, Adventurous
Board Position: Vice-President
OG LWD Member
Lady President of the Ladies Who Dine (aka Lady POTLWD)
Just the Facts: Self-elected LWD President, Picky, Double beans/No rice
Position: Self-Elected President and Master Texter
OG LWD Member
Founding LWD Member
Just the Facts: Don’t mess with this Peruvian – she’s eaten a hamster before (a Peruvian delicacy…or so she says), Likes an authentic pisco sour, Also known as Lady GIF.
Just the Facts: We call her Sheltered Lady for a reason, Also known as Lady Yorba.
Just the Facts: New dad, Hates driving (even more than Lady POTLWD), Only child issues
Lady(ies) (and Men) Love Cool Julio (aka LML Cool J)
Just the Facts: Namaste dude, Social worker power
Just the Facts: New mommy, Let’s talk about syphilis
The Honorable & Esteemed Council Lady (aka THE Council Lady)
Bio & Picture Coming Soon!